My seven year old was sitting nearby the computer when I opened my e-mail yesterday morning and discovered my blog has been nominated for an award. “A Liebster Award?” I mused out loud. “A lobster award?” my son mimicked. Might as well have been, because I had no idea what a Liebster Award was.
As it turns out, a Liebster Award is a chain-letter-type recognition that is meant to welcome promising new online writers to the blogging scene. Well, now, that is just pretty nice! So, Sarah Foster, of Faith is Found, Faith is Alive, thanks for thinking of me!
Step 1 – Nominate 5-11 Blogs You Like To Read
- Crazy, Messy, Beautiful
- Joy In This Journey
- The Mommy Talks
- Apparently I can only think of 4.
Step 2 – 3 Random Facts About Me
- I was born in upstate New York and lived in a college dorm as a baby, where my dad was the resident director. Been a Mainer since I was about 4 I think.
- I LOVE, LOVE yard sales.
- I am afraid of ostriches.
Step 3 – Answer 11 Questions From My Nominator
- Why do you enjoy blogging? Blogging gets me practicing the art of writing on a regular basis and allows me to connect with a community of people with similar interests. It has also allowed me to share the process of writing, publishing, and selling my first novel, The Sky We Walk Upon.
- What brings you happiness? God, my husband, my three sweet kiddos, sunrises, chocolate, coffee, mountaintops, summer rainstorms, puzzles, belly laughs, weddings, playing volleyball, finally being brave when I feel anything but, apple picking, Christmas morning, fireplaces, butterflies, finding the right words at the right moment.
- What is one thing that helps you get through a difficult period in your life? Prayer.
- What is one goal that you would like to work towards, right now? Completing my second novel.
- What is one thing that is stopping you from moving toward your goal? Ummm, potty training my toddler? LOL!
- How can you move past that one thing and just go for it? What a great question, Sarah. Anybody have any suggestions?
- If you had copious amounts of money, what would you do with it? Support deserving charities and build our dream home, complete with a family friend, hypoallergenic canine.
- If you had no money, no food, no housing, who would you reach out to? God. And then my mother…
- Could you be the “one” someone reaches out to? are you willing to be? Sure. We don’t have a lot, but we like to share. 🙂
- And because this is a blog focused on Jesus and my faith, I have to ask, Have you accepted Jesus into your hearts? Yes.
- What is the one greatest thing in your life? See #10. And the greatest thing I have on this earth? My husband. He is the most amazing partner and friend I could ever imagine.
Step 4 – 11 New Questions For My Nominees!
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Did you become it? Do you still want to be it?
- Is white chocolate actually chocolate?
- If you could host a dinner part with any 5 people, living or dead, who would you invite?
- What was the last thing that you hand wrote?
- What one chore would you love to never have to do again?
- What is your favorite book?
- If you know the Bible, what is your favorite verse? If not, what is your favorite quote?
- Who would play you in the movie of your life?
- What thing in your life are you the most grateful for?
- In one sentence, what is your blog about?